Associates are graduate students who have at least one semester of teaching experience* at VT and/or participated in curriculum development.
Graduate students interested in becoming Associates of the Academy are requested to prepare an application packet that includes the following:
• Letter of application (maximum of two pages) that should address:
- Reason for applying to the Academy
- How membership fits one’s professional goals
- Importance of teaching in the 21st century and beyond
- Illustration of commitment to inclusion and diversity in learning environments
- Expected contributions to the Academy
• Curriculum Vitae
• Letter of Recommendation from a faculty member or department representative
• Teaching Evaluations
These documents are submitted during application periods in the Fall and Spring semesters. Announcements regarding the application period and submission links may be found here.