Here is a list of resources devoted to understanding and advancing higher education and teaching excellence among graduate students.
Practicing Excellence and Leadership
The following is a list of programs and opportunities you may want to get involved in to build experience beyond research and teaching. Be sure to also check with your department and college for additional opportunities.
- Diversity Scholars Program
- Citizen Scholars Program
- Academy for Graduate Teaching Excellence — You’re here!
- Future Professoriate Certificate
- Global Perspectives Fellowship
- Graduate Honor System
- Graduate Student Assembly
- Edward A. Bouchet Graduate Honor Society
Graduate Student Organizations
There are many student organizations that may align with your interests and provide leadership opportunities. There are three organizations that have delegates on the Graduate Student Assembly:
- Black Graduate Student Organization
- Council of International Student Organizations
- Queer Grads, Professionals, and Allies — the contact information at this link may be out of date. Check with the LGBTQ+ Resource Center about the current status of this organization.
There are many other organizations with a focus on graduate students and graduate life that are not listed here. Search GobblerConnect for organizations that may interest you.
Evaluation & Observation Resources
In addition to the peer observation offered by VTGrATE, explore how you can utilize these other available resources:
- Student Perception of Teaching (SPOT) — For Instructors
- Center for Teaching and Learning’s Mid-semester Evaluations