Members of the Learning Community are graduate students who are interested in enhancing their knowledge and understanding of teaching and learning. Members are graduate students who have no or limited experience as a Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA).
Graduate students interested in becoming Members of the Academy are requested to prepare an application packet that includes the following:
• Letter of application (maximum of two pages) that should address:
- Reason for applying to the Academy
- How membership fits one’s professional goals
- Importance of teaching in the 21st century and beyond
- Illustration of commitment to inclusion and diversity in learning environments
- Expected contributions to the Academy
• Curriculum Vitae
These documents are submitted during application periods in the Fall and Spring semesters. Announcements regarding the application period and submission links may be found here.